Wyoming Air Ambulance Waiver
The Department of Health is pleased to announce that the official (reset) public notice period for the Air Ambulance Waiver will be August 26th through September 30th.
This is the abbreviated public notice; the full public notice is available at this link. The full 1115 waiver application is available here in its entirety, and a brief summarizing the waiver is shown on this site, below.
What will the waiver do?
The waiver would expand Wyoming Medicaid to all state residents for the specific purpose of air ambulance transportation. Waiver goals include:
- Eliminate the surprise billing of patients
- Reduce the average cost of air ambulance flights while ensuring a set level of access and quality
- Increase price transparency for patients and employer groups
Under the plan, WDH would competitively bid for a selected network of air ambulance providers, make periodic flat payments (similar to a gym membership) to these contracted providers and then recoup the revenue needed to fund the system from the insurance plans and individuals already paying for transports.
The State will hold two public meetings to brief the public and receive public comment. The locations and times are:
- On Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019, from 11:00am - 1:00pm, in Torrington, at the Goshen County Library Activity Center (2017 East A St., Torrington WY 82240)
- On Thursday, September 5th, 2019, from 5:00pm - 7:00pm in Laramie, at the University of Wyoming Student Union Building - Senate Chambers room.
More details on these events, to include the call-in numbers to listen in on the meetings remotely, are available on the Calendar section of this site, below.
Where can I read more?
- The calendar, document repository, and public comment form are further down on the page.
Public comment on the waiver is closed after Sept. 30th.